The Pebble Project : Social Media Simplicity
As Anna wrote in yesterday’s blog post, “Public Relations Pro or Superhero?” public relations is not a typical “9-5” Monday through Friday career, it’s a lifestyle. In the world of PR and social media we are always on call — emails and tweets can come in at any hour. The Media Maison team is constantly checking email, tweeting, and staying one-step-ahead of trends in the media - we need our smartphones.
The constant connection to technology is undeniable, which is why Pebble, the e-paper smartwatch and Kickstarter-hit, is my most recent “must-have.”
Allerta launched the project on Kickstarter yesterday with a goal of $100,000 - within 28 hours Pebble had hit $1 million. Pebble Technology uses Bluetooth to connect to iPhone and Android smartphones. Internet-connected apps allows the smartwatch to silently vibrate, notifying you to incoming calls, emails and messages. Pebble was designed in a simply and economically, beating Google’s Project Glass for both fashion and function.
$149 for a sleek smartphone on my wrist? I’ll take it. Check out Pebble’s Kickstarter page and if you’re a bit nerdy, like me, support their cause!
XOXO - Hannah
Media Maison’s Press Release Rundown
Writing a perfect press release takes time – as does distributing it to the top tier media outlets – so if your release isn’t getting responses it’s frustrating. Guess what? It’s not them – it’s you. Press releases frequently find their way into an editor’s “Trash” because you didn’t do your homework. Trust us. We know the truth hurts. That’s why we have tips on how to get your release read.
Press Release 101:
- Is it news? The point of a press release is to highlight breaking news.
- Ask yourself: “Is this newsworthy? Would I read it?”
- Is it a media alert or an advertisement? Press releases resemble spam when they’re written as an advertisement.
- “Who, what, when, where, why, and how” must be clearly introduced.
- Edit. Then edit again. Then ask an extra set of eyes to edit it for you. Then edit again.
- Check your links. An editor will not tolerate broken links.
Hope this helps! XOXO - Hannah